Jason Segel-Who Knew?!
With “5 Year Engagement” hitting theaters soon, let’s take a look at the very funny male lead of that film: Jason Segel. This actor/writer first really got noticed on the short-lived TV show, “Freaks and Geeks.” Since then audiences have fallen in love with him on “How I Met Your Mother” and in films like “Forgetting Sarah Marshall.” Not only can he act, but he is becoming a reasonably prolific screenwriter. He actually wrote “Forgetting Sarah Marshall” and his two most recent movies: “The Muppets” and “5 Year Engagement.” Here are some more fun facts about him.
- He was a member of the Harvard-Westlake High School basketball team that won the 1996 California state championship.
- His father was Jewish and his mother was Christian; he was raised Jewish but attended a Christian school at one point.
- “How I Met Your Mother” creators, Cater Bays and Craig Thomas, were big fans of “Freaks and Geeks” which won Jason Segel his role as Marshall Eriksen
- He is an ordained minister and performed the wedding of Jason Wood and Abbe Wood on “The Tonight Show with Jay Leno” on July 6, 2010.
- He was a little worried that no one would date him anymore after appearing fully nude in Forgetting Sarah Marshall because “they won’t be satisfied with what they saw.”
- He plays piano, is a pretty good puppeteer, and loves Disneyland!